Honestly, I don’t know if these are spoilers or not. I’ve learned from listening to the official LOST podcasts and from other Comic-Cons that a lot of what the Executive Producers share with the fans is said tongue in cheek. Therefore, the following information, which I’ve accumulated from watching online clips from this year’s Comic-Con, should be taken with a grain of salt.
- Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) – Appeared on stage at the very end of the panel discussion and something interesting was written in the palm of his hand, “Am I Alive?”
- Jacob – Has never appeared as anyone else on the show.
- Richard Alpert – We will learn his back story and the actor who plays him, Nestor Carbonell, is signed on as a series regular for the first time. Popular theories have him as a member of the crew on The Black Rock or some significant connection to Egyptian history.
- Periodic Rations Drop – Apparently the food drop that occurred in Season Two during the hatch Lock Down will be explained.
- Libby Has a Last Name – During an “In Memoriam” video clip at the end of the discussion panel, Libby was shown and her full name appeared for the first time – Elizabeth “Libby” Smith.
- Is Locke Dead – He did NOT appear in the “In Memoriam” video clip.
- Juliet and Jughead – Did the detonation reset the future or does whatever happened, still happen? This is the most speculated question and the video clips they shared seem to indicate that there is some sort of a reset, but as I mentioned, take these with a grain of salt…
Mr. Cluck’s Chicken Ad and Oceanic Airlines 2009 Ad: Hurley speaks about a dream he had while on a recent trip to the outback (as if nothing happened). This is followed by the Oceanic Ad which claims, “In the air since 1979. 30 years with a perfect safety record.” Um? What about the crash of Flight 815 on 9/22/2004? Love their tagline – “Our Skies Lead To Your Destiny”
Kate’s Americas Most Wanted Video: According to the video clip, she’s still “at large” and she killed her step-father’s apprentice in his office building, NOT her step-father at home. That happened well before the crash of Flight 815, which would lead us to believe that the future was altered even before 9/22/2004.
The Official LOST Final Season Banner: This might be the most debated piece of information shared at Comic-Con. It was the typical LOST banner containing the major characters standing in serious poses, BUT each character was slowly revealed one-by-one.
The images I have seen are all blurry and very difficult to make out, but a source for the “DarkUFO” site said an ABC source confirmed these characters from left to right…Faraday, Boone, Miles, Michael, Ana Lucia, Charlotte, Shannon, Desmond, Eko, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Locke (in the middle with his back to us and looking over his shoulder), Ben, Sayid, Libby, Sun, Jin, Claire, Hurley, Juliet, Charlie, Frank, Richard, Bernard and Rose. Notables left out include Penny, Walt, Jacob, Esau (MIB) and Christian.
What does this mean? It could mean that they are all back or it could just mean they are giving a shout out to all six seasons. If they are all back, then it could mean a reset, but it could also mean a lot of interaction with dead people and possibly an explanation of the mysterious whispers. You can see a blown up version of the image here:
Finally, unrelated to Comic-Con, I came across some “preparation” videos created by campetin for the final season on You Tube. There are four so far and I think they are very well done. Here are the links:
Until next time…Namaste!