It’s been almost 5 months since my last blog post and we have just over three months to go before the season premiere, which is officially titled – The Beginning of the End.
I listened to a Podcast from ComicCon 2007 where executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse gave us some answers (kinda) to things we thought were open ended while also providing some non-spoiler type information with regards to Season 4.
Here’s some of what they said:
– They confirmed that Mikhail is dead. The fence didn’t fry his brain, the arrow didn’t pierce his heart, but holding a grenade to the Looking Glass porthole finally did him in.
– Mr. Friendly (Tom – who Sawyer still shot after he had surrendered) had this to say about the Others, “The Others were humanitarians compared to what’s coming next.”
– Season 4 is all about the island’s survival being at stake.
– Michael WILL be back early in Season 4 and he will once again be a series regular. My guess is that he’s on that ship they contacted at the end of Season 3. That is if there even is a ship! My guess is that there IS a ship and it’s full of Widmore folks working for Charles, but not Penny. BTW – The actress who plays Penny (Sonya Walger) is a series regular on HBO’s new series Tell Me You Love Me. The show is entertaining, but I’m kind of disappointed with her acting on it.
– They confirmed that what we saw of Jack and Kate in the future was not the END of the show and that the show is NOT about getting off the island. The flash forward is a DEFINITE future. In other words, there are no alternate possible futures, so what we saw IS going to happen and nothing that happens in the present will change or affect what we saw. This surprises me and I’m not sure if I totally believe them.
– Libby’s story may finally be told in Season 4 and she may actually be a part of Dharma.
– They are saving Danielle Rousseau’s backstory because when we see it, it will be a HUGE reveal. We may not see it until Season 5!
– The never-aging Richard Alpert storyline may have a problem because the actor is now on a show called Cane, which also stars Jimmy Smits. The executive producers have a storyline with his character that they want to tell, but it is being tabled until his time frees up.
– Looks like we’ll find out if Kate is pregnant by episode 4 and we’ll get to see her on trial for murder. Is it a flashback or a flash forward though?
Finally, they showed a clip from a Webisode that they’re apparently going to release as short Mobile episodes for Verizon customers. It showed another Orientation film for a hatch we haven’t seen called Station 6 – The Orchid. It is not a botanical testing station as the name might imply. Check it out for yourself and watch closely because the theory of time shift is in full effect – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bTvAUVPyLI.
AUGH! Don’t let rabbit #15 see itself. It could create a time paradox, the result of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space-time continuum and destroy the entire universe!